WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH PLASTIC?
The problem with plastic is that it is everywhere. It is in packaging, containers, stuffing in our furniture, clothing, bedding, computers, houses, cars. We cannot get away from it.
WHAT IS IT DOING TO OUR BODIES?
Now it is effecting our health. Recently, there have been studies that have surfaced that plastic is now in our blood, in our lungs, and now perhaps effecting our fertility. Some suggest we eat a credit card worth of plastic a week, and other studies show that plastic has been found in baby's poop.
HOW DO WE STOP PLASTIC?
How do we stop this consumption? In order to be eco conscious and environmentally aware, we need to
1) reduce our consumption
2) refuse single use plastic
3) Shop at a Refill Store
HOW? HERE'S WHAT TO DO...
1. Rethink what you buy. What is the end use of the product you buy?
2. Ask for no bag, unless it is paper. (Bring your own bag!)
3. Try used clothing. It can't hurt, you can find some really good things. www.thredup.com, www.buffaloexchange.com
4. Bring your own containers everywhere. Keep a bag full in your trunk.
5. Wait longer to get shipments and get as many items together when you order online.
6. Refuse the straw, the plastic utensils, and plastic at dining establishments.
7. Eat all of your food, don't bring home leftovers or dine out less.
8. Shop at a refill store. These are popping up all over now. This is an excellent opportunity to think different.
LOCAL ZERO WASTE SHOPS
Here are some local shops in Los Angeles, California.
20969 Ventura Blvd Ste 30, Woodland Hills, CA 91364
5214 Monte Vista St, Los Angeles, CA 90042
12300 W. Washington Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90066
1125 Victoria St Unit C, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
NATIONWIDE ZERO WASTE SHOPS
Here is a link to a nationwide list of ZERO WASTE STORES! Amazing!!!
This is a chance to save ourselves, be eco conscious, and save our ocean! As you search to be more zero waste, check out our products on our products page. Don’t forget to subscribe for the latest sales and news!